Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Raising Small Souls

One of the education websites that I have linked to this blog isn't actually an education website, so I wanted to give you a little bit of background as to what exactly it is doing there...it is actually a parenting website but it has a very impressive and (I think) inspiring video on it. Click on the raising small souls website, then scroll down and there should be a purple box that when clicked on will allow you to view a movie for free entitled animal school. The video starts out by describing a school that is run and attended by animals. It goes through the different subjects studied in the school and then it talks about a few animals in particular and describes how they learn each of the different subjects. After going through all the animals, the video goes back and shows why each animal actually represents different learning styles of human students. This video also has very beautiful pictures and great music to go with it. I realize that it is technically a parenting video but I think that it has some important things for teachers to keep in mind as well. One of the last slides in the movie also talks about being an effective parent, which I thought was interesting as being an effective teacher is what we talked about in class today. Hope you enjoy the video:)

3 comments:

hannahbb said...

Thank you! I really enjoyed this video. Even though it was made for parents, I think it is definitley pertinent to what we've been talking aboout in class.

bdepperson said...

Teaching and parenting are two very different, yet not-so-different things! Teachers just have to make sure they don't start treating students like their own children (although they do have to show students that they care!)

Anna Kenyon said...

Wow! I liked it. Thanks for showing me this Katie.